Skip to main content

Learn Turkish Lesson 3 - Frequently Used Sentences (DAY 2)

DAY 2 Merhaba arkadaşlar. I hope you are following my lessons from Lesson 1 (DAY 1). Today is the Second day of Lesson 3. and we will continue from where we left. So Let's Start........... Remember we are learning Frequently used sentences. Maybe: We use the word, ''Maybe'' Frequently and it's also important to learn it How to say in Turkish. So I will give you two ways of saying this one word. First one is, ''Belki'' it means, ''Maybe or perhaps'' . when someone asks something and you are not sure about it, then you say, ''Belki'' .  And the other way to say it is, ''Olabilir'' , it also can means ''Maybe or Perhaps'' . I'm not saying that these are the only way to say ''Maybe'' in Turkish. You can use other words with a little twisting. But these are most common. That's why I prefer you use these two words. It's good:

Learn Turkish Lesson 1 - Basics of Turkish Language (Day 2)

DAY 2


Now Let's move further with learning the Turkish Language. 


Welcoming Others:

We will start with welcoming Someone.
When someone comes to your house or maybe anywhere you live and you meet with the person. In English, you say ''Welcome'' and In Turkish it is ''Hoşgeldin'' which means ''Welcome'' and it's (informal). The (formal) way of it is ''Hoşgeldiniz''. and of course the meaning of them is same.



Greetings:

Let's say ''How are you?'' which in Turkish is ''Nasılsın'' and it's (informal). The (formal) way is ''Naılsınız'' and the meaning of both is same.
The second person will answer ''İyiyim, teşekkürler'' which means, ''I'm fine, Thanks''. and then he or she asks back ''Ya sen?'' which means ''And you?'' and it's (informal). The formal way is ''Ya siz?'' and the meaning of them is same.
You can reply like this, ''İyi'' which means ''Good''. or you can also reply a little bit longer like this, ''Bende İyiyim, teşekkür ederim'' which means, ''I am also fine, thank you''



Different ways of saying ''Thank you''


In Turkish, there are several ways of saying ''Thank you''. So we will learn few of them. The most used phrase to say Thank you is ''Teşekkür ederim'' which literally means ''I Thank You'' 
The short form of ''Teşekkürler'' which means ''Thanks''

And you can reply, ''Rica ederim'' which literally means ''I Request and please you'' But it's used instead of saying ''You are welcome''. So ''Rica ederim'' means ''You are welcome''. and the other way of replying is, ''Önemli değil'' which means ''It's not important'' Or ''You don't need to thank me''. Or you can say ''Bir şey değil'' which means ''It's nothing''

And you can also say, ''Sağol'' which literally means ''Be well'' But it's used to say, ''Thank You''. so you can use it whenever you want to ''Thank'' someone.

And another one is, ''Allah razı olsun'' which literally means ''God bless you''. and you can reply ''Senden de razı olsun'' which means ''God bless you too''.




Asking Back ''How are you?''


Now You ask further about him or her, like ''How are things?'' and ''Is everything OK?''. In Turkish, you can ask like this, ''Her şey yolunda mı?'', which means ''Is everything OK?''. and then your friend will answer like this, ''Halimden şikayet edemem'' which means ''I can't complain'', He actually means ''I can't complain about my life''. or maybe he will say like this, ''Halimden şikayetçi değilim''. which literally means 
''I am not a complainer about my life or about my situation''. These are not that commonly used in Turkish, But If anyone uses these things, You will understand them very well. That's why I am explaining these. (Remember, Video version of this blog is also coming. You should better check my channel from now)






Saying Nice to / Glad to meet you:

Now you are happy meeting your friend or any member of your family. You say ''I am very glad to see you''. In Turkish, it is like this. ''Seni gördüğüme çok sevindim'' which means ''I am very glad to see you''. There are other sentences which represent these kinds of Expressions. But I just brought one. But don't worry, with time you will learn more.😊
Now he thanks you like this, ''Çok teşekkür ederim'' which means ''Thank you so much''. And you reply ''Bir şey değil'' OR 
''Önemli değil'' Or ''Rica ederim'' all of them can be used in reply of ''Thank you and Thanks''. 

Now 2 more Sentences and we are done for Today.




Asking ''What's New?''



You ask ''Is there anything New?'' Or maybe you ask, ''Is there any new News?''. In Turkish, you can ask like this. ''Yeni bir şey var mı?'' which literally means, ''Is there anything New?''. and another way of asking this is, ''Ne var ne yok?'' which means, ''What's up?'' and it also means ''What's New?''. 

Then you can reply like this, ''Pek bir şey yok'' which means ''Nothing much''. Remember If you don't understand any sentences or any part of sentences. then you can always comment me and ask me your Questions and then I will try to reply you as soon as possible. OK.



NOTE: Don't forget to Watch Video Version of this Blog, Because it will help you to learn the Pronunciation with my Voice. and you will practice better with me. OK




        
               So See You in Tomorrow's Lesson
   Don't forget to Follow, Share, and Comment

Created by:
''Language Animated''

You can go to youtube and Search these lessons and you can find them in Video Version. Thank you. 😊

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learn Turkish Lesson 1 - Basics of Turkish Language (Day 1)

You can Start from this lesson If you are Beginner in Turkish Language or Even It's for those who want to improve their Turkish Language. and You can enjoy Reading both English and Turkish.Like this, you can improve both English and Turkish Languages.I will take you from the Basics of Turkish, and little by little we will move on. So don't forget to read fully without getting Bored. and you will not get Bored with my Lessons. Don't worry😎So take a cup of Coffee or whatever you like to drink while Reading, and Start Reading.                              Basics of Turkish Language                                 DAY 1 Greetin gs  ( Selamlar ) So First of all, we will learn how to greet someone if we are meeting during days. Like you wake up in the morning and then after that afternoon, evening, and night. We will learn the phrases which we need to use them during days, OK? Are you ready?  I hope you are!😉😉 NOTE: The phrases which are in Red are in T

How I learned 11 Languages? - Find out my Tips and Tricks - How to Learn any language Fast?

These days people are loving to learn New Languages more than ever before. I'm also one of those people who are really interested to learn New Languages. But wait. Is it really easy to learn a New Language?  Let's Find Out! If you really want to learn A New Language, then, of course, you have to sacrifice something for that. but wait, I'm not talking about sacrificing yourself or something serious. No No. I mean you have to give some time and work on that thing a little bit. That's what I mean. There are thousands of Private classes and Language Tutors who are teaching Languages. "Teaching" Did you get that? A Language must be a fun thing to learn. You should not make really hard and difficult Rules for teaching any Language.  Let me Tell you my Story, Please don't feel bored, It's a short story. When I was a child, around 12 years old. I never thought that I will learn Languages as my Hobby. Because

Learn Turkish Lesson 3 - Frequently Used Sentences (DAY 2)

DAY 2 Merhaba arkadaşlar. I hope you are following my lessons from Lesson 1 (DAY 1). Today is the Second day of Lesson 3. and we will continue from where we left. So Let's Start........... Remember we are learning Frequently used sentences. Maybe: We use the word, ''Maybe'' Frequently and it's also important to learn it How to say in Turkish. So I will give you two ways of saying this one word. First one is, ''Belki'' it means, ''Maybe or perhaps'' . when someone asks something and you are not sure about it, then you say, ''Belki'' .  And the other way to say it is, ''Olabilir'' , it also can means ''Maybe or Perhaps'' . I'm not saying that these are the only way to say ''Maybe'' in Turkish. You can use other words with a little twisting. But these are most common. That's why I prefer you use these two words. It's good: